Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Poor Poor Pitiful them… and other Govies

I want to say a few words about the current events in Wisconsin. There’s a whole lotta whoopla about a few Govies and teachers loosing a few benefits and having to pay a few percent more toward their retirement.

Here’s the facts…
 I am a white color manager with a college degree.
 6 of the last 12 years of working I received ZERO raise.
 Every single year, my health care premiums have increased 10%-20%... While deductibles increase, and covered procedures decrease.
 I have no pension.
 Only 6 of the last 12 years of work have I received any retirement contribution from my employer.
 As a technology worker, millions of my peers have been fired and those jobs have been sent to China, India or the Philippians.

I chose not to be a Govie…. As a private sector worker, I pay for Govies. My taxes pay your salaries, your retirement, your medicine.

Now I see people who will receive life long annuities - paid for by ME – throwing an absolute tantrum because they have to pay a few more percent toward that forever gravy train.

Where is the outrage from my shrinking buying power?
Where is the outrage as pensions were eviscerated from private companies?
Where do I get to protest to get stop my life from eroding?

No where. I can work, or I can quit and my children will go hungry. Nice choices.

There are many more of me than there are of you.

Government works, Teachers, Public workers… Hear Me… I am tired of you. It’s time to equal field, and I’ve already lost everything I have to lose - but my job. It’s your turn to pay, I’m broke and you’re part of the reason.

stop crying go back to work and pay your fair share.
nuff said.

No comments: